Wednesday, November 6, 2013

#beautypost - Bee-eautiful Winter Lips


Anyone will know that a spoonful of honey (or in my case 2 or 3) over your morning muesli, your brunch-time teacake, a side full of fried aubergines at dinner or a late night Greek yoghurt makes for a perfect eat.
I found this out during my student years when I realised pouring honey over my yoghurt made for a much cheaper treat than my old friend Haagen Dazs and it didn't hate my hips and thighs so much either.

However, this week I've found a completely new reason as to why honey is my savour thanks to the Winter weather that's slowly creeping in Cordoba's direction.
Now that November is here, with the breezy 20 degree days come the brisk bike rides home every night and I really don't think this change in temperature is doing my skin or lips any good. My skin's holding up for now but my lips have taken the brunt of it having become dry and cracked within a matter of days. After having tried multiple lip balms, I'd almost given up and told myself once February comes they'll be back to their normal selves once again... until I remembered my old friend honey!

So.. I did a bit of research and it's true. The antibacterial and antiseptic qualities prevent infection, rejuvenate skin and  prevent discolouration, giving your lips a natural, rosy tint.
All you need to do is apply a drop of honey to your bottom lip, smack and spread it around like you would with regular lip balm and then the trickiest part... wait patiently (that means no licking) until the honey has dried, creating a moisture barrier around your lips and there you go! Try it 2 or 3 times a day for a day or so and your lips will be soft and plump like never before.

Now that I've realised just how good honey is for your lips Burts Bees Beeswax Lip Balm (£3.69) has never looked so good!

1 comment: