Monday, January 6, 2014

#beautypost - You Glow Girl

PUN INTENDED

Today I returned to Spain after two weeks of heavy drinking, non-stop eating and an uncomfortable footwear overkill; not to mention my make up bag having taken a beating throughout the festive period. 
My skin doesn't know what's hit it.

So, with a suitcase full of goodies and a fridge to be filled, it's time I wound in my appetite for party food and mulled wine, rum, cider (in fact, anything I could get my hands on) and gave my skin the break it deserves.... and it couldn't come at a better time.

With early Spring in the distance (*far distance) I've decided to take advantage of the quieter season and make a conscious effort to lighten and brighten my make up. Say 'hi' to my new best friends... water, bronzer, illuminator and my bike. And with that, I've purchased some new make up, stocked up my fridge with fruit, veg and plenty of water and I've even bought some new gloves to keep me going on my morning cycles to work... 
A better diet, daily exercise and a trip to boots for an extra boost.
If my skins radiance doesn't improve, it never will.

I think all of us ladies dream of having glowing, minimal effort skin but having stumbled upon a photo of Malgosia Bela sometime last week (which ended in a major Google spree) I wanted to throw my whole make up bag away and start from scratch.... until I realised I do not and will not resemble her and maybe the make up could come in handy.
The same applies to Emma Leth and Elizabeth Olsen. If you know their skin secrets please forward them this way.


Current Essentials
Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Lip Protectant Lips & Eyes
The Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Reviver Brightens up dull skin, smells of oranges (great for sleepy mornings)
Sanctuary Youth Boosting Facial Oil Use at night or after a shower
Chanel Healthy Glow Sheer Powder SPF15 Light cover and adds natural glow


On my wishlist... Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate


No comments:

Post a Comment