Monday, January 20, 2014

#stylepost - Metallics & Coloured Leather Spring '14

I think that I'm a little late on the metallic bandwagon but better late than never eh?

I always saw it as a Christmas trend, something to sparkle in front of the fairy lights, but now I'm finding it hard to say goodbye. As it's still only January I'm still sticking within the Winter guidelines (minus the boozy Christmas parties) but I know, as Spring will soon dawn on us, I need to find a new way of wearing metallics...

It's fair to say that during January/February my days are spent lounging in a pair of Topshop jeans (that's after prising my pyjamas off of myself) and after having seen Versace's SS14 spread in DAZED digital I'm now definite that my jeans aren't going to budge. Even better, Versace are also repping pastel leathers this Spring/Summer.
I couldn't think of anything easier than throwing on a t-shirt and leather jacket, especially with some of H&M and Zara's versatile, key pieces.  

If you're looking for a cheaper option after the party season then keep your outfit simple and opt for metallic eyes or nails. Team with jeans and a thick knit jumper or even reuse your party blazer and a white tee... keep your hair loose or shove the top half straight up with a crocodile clip for a fresher look.





Zara pastel coloured faux leather zip jacket (£69.99) - Actually in love with this jacket

Zara sequinned t-shirt (£39.99)

H&M belt with metal decoration (£12.99)
H&M Metallic T-shirt Silver/Bronze (£14.99)









No comments:

Post a Comment